Lakes in Assam: The list of lakes in Assam: Famous lakes of Assam 1. Chandubi Lake:
- It is a natural lake born after the earthquake in the year of 1987.
- Spread over around 2000 hectors of land.
- Located at the Kamrup district of Assam at the foothills of Garo hills; 65 km from Guwahati.
- Calm and peaceful lake surrounded by green forests, tea gardens and villages.
- Best for natural sightseeing and picnic.
- Migratory birds visit the lake in the winter season.
- Rectangular, man-made (artificial) lake built during the reign of Ahom dynasty.
- Located in the Guwahati city of Assam amidst colorful gardens and rich vegetation
- About 700 meters long.
- Offers recreations activities like boat rowing matches, boat riding and more.
- Largest wetland in Assam and second largest seasonal wetland in Asia.
- Located in the Karimganj district of Assam in India.
- Also known as Shon Bill.
- Located in the Karimganj district of the Assam state of India.
- Used for rice cultivation when water level is low, e.g. during winter till March.
- Famous for fishery; provides various types of fishes including Bhujia fish which is the specialty of this lake.
- Freshwater lake located in the Kamrup district of Assam.
- It is fed by Kalmani and Basistha Rivers.
- A wide range of medicinal plants, aquarium plants and orchids are found on the banks of this lake.
- Fishing destination for fishermen.
- Located in the centre of Haflong town in Assam state of India.
- Perfect spot to sit by sparkling lake and enjoy blue backdrop of the sky.
- Offers water sporting games and activities and is a perfect angling spot for fishing lovers.
- Protected by Dima Hasao Tourist Forest Department and Dima Hasao Autonomous Council.
Indian Prime Minister (PM) – List
Indian Prime Minister (PM) – List In India, the prime minister is the head of the Government, all the de…
Hockey World Cup