- The weight of the human brain is around 1.5 kg or 3 pounds.
- Around 75% of the brain is made of water. So, less water or dehydration even in a small amount may affect functions of the brain.
- It is a myth that we use only 10% of our brain. Even during sleep, we use more than 10% of it.
- Human brain grows three times its size in the first year of life. It continues to grow till the age of 18.
- Its weight is 2% of body weight. However, it uses around 20% of the total energy of the body.
- Human brain contains around one hundred billion (10000 Crores) neurons.
- The brain is surrounded by cerebrospinal fluid, which protects it from minor injuries.
- The skull, which is called the cranium, is made of 22 different bones, which are joined together.
- The information flow in the brain at a speed of 268 miles per hour.
- Human brain can generate around 23 watts of power.
- The tree main parts of the brain are cerebrum, cerebellum and brain stem.
- Cerebellum helps us in maintaining our balance and in coordinating our body movements.
- The brain stem joins the brain with the spinal cord. It carries out various vital functions like heartbeat, digestion of food, breathing, etc.
- The cerebrum of the brain is divided into two equal parts called the right and left cerebral hemispheres or right brain and left brain. The right brain controls the left side and left brain controls the right side of the body.
- Human brain can feel pressure but it cannot feel pain. It has no receptors for pain. The pain of headache or migraine occurs in the meninges or covering of the brain.
- The eyeballs are the extensions of the brain as they are directly connected to the brain.
- Human brain uses 20% of the blood and oxygen available in the body.
Indian Prime Minister (PM) – List
Indian Prime Minister (PM) – List In India, the prime minister is the head of the Government, all the de…
Hockey World Cup