Lakes in Andhra Pradesh: 1. Kolleru Lake: Interesting facts about Kolleru Lake
- Located between Krishna and Godavari delta in Andhra Pradesh
- Largest fresh Water in India spread over an area of around 300 square miles.
- Atakpaka Bird Sanctuary is located at the Kolleru Lake
- Migratory birds visit this lake between the months of October and March.
- Second largest brackish water lake in India spread over an area of 450 sq km.
- Located at the border of Thiruvallur district in the state of Tamil Nadu and Nellore district in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The major part of the lake (more than 95%) is located in Nellore on the Coromandel Coast.
- The spindle-shaped island of Sriharikota separates this lake from the Bay of Bengal.
- It is fed by Arani River, Kalangi River, and Swarnamukhi River and empties itself into the Bay of Bengal.
- Home to many migratory birds including the Flamingo that visit this lake in the winter season.
- Located in the state of Hyderabad in India.
- Built by Hazrat Hussain Shah Wali in 1562.
A 16-meters high statue of Buddha is built at the center of Hussain Sagar Lake.
Indian Prime Minister (PM) – List
Indian Prime Minister (PM) – List In India, the prime minister is the head of the Government, all the de…
Hockey World Cup