Lakes in Chandigarh: List of lakes in Chandigarh: 1. Sukhna Lake: Interesting facts about Sukhan Lake:
- Artificial (manmade) lake located in the Chandigarh city of the state of Punjab in India.
- Spread over an area of around 2600 hectares.
- It has a golf course to its south and the rock garden to its west.
- Formed in 1958 by Le Corbusier and Chief Engineer P.L. Verma in 1958 by diverting the water of a stream that flows down the Shivalik mountain range.
- Home to many migratory birds such as cranes, Siberian ducks, storks and more.
- Located in Dhanas Village near Sector 38 of Chandigarh.
- Surrounded by lush greenery surroundings.
- A 10 KW Solar Photovoltaic plant is set up at this lake.
- Offers mesmerizing views of nature and peaceful atmosphere.
- Located in sector 42 of Chandigarh.
- Jogging track available.
- Frequently visited by the youngsters.
- Nice place to relax and unwind.
Indian Prime Minister (PM) – List
Indian Prime Minister (PM) – List In India, the prime minister is the head of the Government, all the de…
Hockey World Cup